Wednesday, May 3, 2017

IGNITE TALK

BIG QUESTION: I feel as though I have terrible memory, and it is terribly frustrating when I can't remember something. How can I improve my memory skills for language, music, and basically, every part of my life?

Over the break, I started my research by spending one day doing what I believed to be the best way to improve my memory skills which is repetition. In terms of music and foreign language, I just repeated parts of music sheets I had trouble on, and I repeated words I had difficulty saying for my foreign language.

The next day I started doing research on memory. Surprisingly, I learned that the first step towards better memory skills is a healthy lifestyle. You need to eat healthy, get enough sleep, and drink plenty of water. The nest step towards better memory skills is a term called Mnemonics. It is a memory device to help remember facts or a large amount of information. It can be a song, rhyme, acronym, image, or a phrase to help remember a list of facts in a certain order. I will do more research in the future to determine if these Mnemonics actually work.

Finally, I connected my big question with Fahrenheit 451 in the way that the homeless scholars in the forest were "books". They remembered books from the past by just using their memory. This part amazed me because I could barely remember some lyrics to a song. In the future, I hope I will be able to recite large portions of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment